TEST TAKING STRATEGY I:
- Questions in the examination may require you to use the skill of prioritizing nursing actions.
- Look for the key words in the question that indicate the need to prioritize
- Remember, when a question requires prioritization, all options may be correct, and you need to determine the correct order of action.
- Guidelines to use include the ABC’s airway, breathing, and circulation; Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory, and the steps of the nursing process.
- The ABCs
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs theory.
- Steps of the Nursing Process
- Safe, Effective Care Environment
- Physiological Integrity
- Psychological Integrity
- Health Promotion and Maintenance